Skip to main content

What Was My JEE Main Attempting Strategy?

What Was My JEE Main Attempting strategy because of which I am At NIT ALLAHABAD?

How I got 244 out of 360 in JEE Main??
How to attempt JEE paper.
Hello fodus I Chakshu Chaturvedi here to tell you abou my JEE Attempting strategy.The strategy which helped me to get into NIT Allahabad.Although everyone has their own way of attempting the paper still,you will get some nice tips through this blog.which will surely help you in you upcoming JEE papers.

HOW WAS MY PREPARATION JUST BEFORE JEE?

Just before the january session of my JEE Main 2019 I was nicely prepared I had confidence on my subjects but was nervous at the same time . Making up marks such as 300 like 110 in chemistry 90 in maths and 100 in physics and what not.

I left the topics which were only in syllabus of JEE MAIN not in JEE ADVANCED because my coaching syllabus was finished on 3rd jan while my JEE MAIN paper was on 10th January. So I decided to revise important topics only through short notes and class notes.Conic section, thermodynamics,ionic eqm and mechanics was my stronger part so I started with revising them in last 7 days so that I gain confidence and momentum.
    

5 days I revised in such a way that I only slept 4hrs a day.Day Before JEE MAIN paper I stopped studying and went to jaipur as I didn't get Kota as my exam center city.

  1. I hate being surrounded by JEE Aspirant before any sort of paper coz they discuss topics which might make you feel nervous or under confident about your preparation.So I plugged in earphones and isolated myself from the outer world ,diving into harry potter.
  2. After reaching my relatives place I made myself comfortable enough that I didn't got any thought of JEE.
  3. I switched off my phone so that no one would make me feel nervous. I didn't even picked my mom's call on JEE MAIN day.
After I reached my center of Examination there were no place for aspirants to sit before going inside the center which made me little angry.

PAPER STARTS

I went in did my verification process then sat on my place.
Finally paper was about to start ,
Before starting of paper I said marks kitne aaenge pata nhi par aaj acha perform karna hai.
And read the instructions carefully and then decided to start with chemistry.

Paper started

I went to chemistry section , chemistry part of my JEE Main paper was Easy still thinking about accuracy I took 40 minutes to solve chemistry and attempted around 25 questions.
Now I was Confident and in flow so decided to go for physics and first 3 questions I wasn't able to solve.But my coaching prepared me for this situation too so I went for physics from back and still was not able to solve 2 questions 1 hr 10 minutes over and only chemistry section is done.

I jumped to mathematics this part was moderate. I decided since physics was tough so I do not have to give more time on physics. So I solved maths and was able to solve 23 questions.

Now 35 min left and 30 question of physics untouched , so I started solving questions randomly and after 30 min I was able to solve 15 questions disappointed by the amount of attempted questions I guessed 4 question in physics as B.

Unsatisfied with physics I walked out of center and went to my dad waiting outside for me.
He asked how was your paper ?
I said we'll talk in cab.
In cab I said It was okay but I messed physics and I attempted 67 questions then we went to railway station and then back  to KOTA.

Few days after Answer key and responses were out I got 186 marks.Before releasing of official answer key I calculated my marks through resonance memory based answer-key I calculated my marks and they were about 206 , a drop of 20 marks was heart breaking.

I told my dad I am getting 186 he said It should have been around 220 I said yaa I know I messed my physics and went to coaching for advanced classes.

Results were out and I secured 98.4617911 percentile.

JEE MAIN APRIL SESSION 2019

This time week before JEE Main I started studying the chapters which were exclusive for JEE Main and revised only my short notes . This time I was more prepared and more confident.Foloowing my style again went to jaipur with my dad.

Reached the center 1 hour before commencement as location was 22 km from relatives place.
but this center had coolers , tin shed and chairs for parents and JEE aspirants to sit.
Before going in I turned back and my father said all the best ache se karna paper and I went in .
The computers next to me were empty and I was like wow.I prefer to be alone while solving paper (No distraction required).
paper is about to start again I decided to start with Chemistry and though will solve chemistry in 30 mins.

Paper starts

I started with Chemistry , chemistry part was again easy but physical chemistry questions had calculations and were tricky so I got bit slow there and chemistry took 45 mins (Too Much Time) and I solved 27 questions which was a good amount.
Then I moved to physics 
physics was moderated and I was prepared too so solved 24 questions in 1  hr 10 min again too much time was exhausted by me.
Now 1 hr was left for maths and I knew it was't sufficient to solve 30 math problems with my speed.
At this moment I thought I messed up again.So I decided to solve questions which I was sure of answer. Like This I solved 22 question with 4 guesses(I've got guts).

again went out but this time I attempted decent amount of questions.Going outside of college premises my father asked How was your paper I said it was nice I attempted 73 questions and he asked where shall we go for dinner.

Then after Dinner we went to Kota . Eager for the responses and answer key of JEE Main paper I calculated my marks again with Resonance memory based answer key to get rough idea of my JEE Main score so I my marks came out to be 216 I was like okay I know this time messed with maths but at-least I improved my score.

Official answer key was released and I started calculating my marks 
I started with chemistry I got 21 correct and 6 incorrect
then physics 22 correct and 2 incorrect 
now THE MATHS 
I didn't wanted to count my mathematics marks as I knew I messed according to resonance JEE Main answer key(MEMORY BASED ONE) 
still I started counting and I got 21 correct and just 1 incorrect that is what I wanted accuracy. I was like Yay I did it and all my 4 guesses were correct I said what luck....

Securing 244 marks out of 360 in JEE MAIN ,I was Happy.

Results out my percentile 99.3788596 and CRL 7329.
Then I started studying for JEE Advanced as it was my ultimate target.

so this was my JEE paper story hope you enjoyed.
Thanks for reading.
Bye...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JEE Main 2019 Marks| Rank | Percentile

JEE Main 2019 Marks vs Rank vs Percentile After taking the JEE Main exam, many students are curious about how their marks relate to their percentile score and rank. Let's break it down in a way that's easier for you to understand. The JEE Main exam uses a process called normalization to calculate the percentile score and rank of each student. This process takes into account factors like the difficulty level of the exam and how other students performed. The percentile score represents the percentage of students who scored equal to or lower than a particular student's score. For example, if a student gets a percentile score of 90, it means they performed better than 90% of the students who took the exam. To estimate the rank corresponding to a specific percentile, you can refer to the previous year's data provided by the National Testing Agency (NTA) or the official JEE Main website. This data gives an idea of the rank range for different percentiles. Keep in mind that t

Best way To Start IIT-JEE Preparation?

IIT-JEE Preparation : How to Get Started on Your Journey IIT-JEE Preparation Preparing for IIT-JEE is not as easy as one might think. It requires a great deal of hard work and dedication. Unlike in 10th grade, where you could memorize and pass exams with good grades, IIT-JEE preparation demands a deep understanding of the underlying concepts. Simply cramming the night before won't be sufficient. You must study consistently, complete your homework regularly, and internalize the concepts to the point where you can recall them effortlessly, even in your sleep. To embark on your IIT-JEE preparation journey, you need to choose a reliable coaching institute. These institutes provide a competitive environment that helps develop your skills, and interacting with fellow students exposes you to new concepts. I have already posted about the best coaching institutes in Kota, which you can find in my blog post. Once you join a coaching institute, you will be assigned to study batches that p

JEE Main Syllabus and Chapter Weightage: [2023 Updated]

JEE Main 2023 Chapter Weightage: Essential Topics and Weightage Analysis for Exam   Preparation: There are about 25 questions in the exam from the Mathematics section in the JEE Main exam. The weightage of each of the chapters from the JEE Main Mathematics syllabus is expected as below: Mathematics Chapterwise Weightage : Chapters Average No. of Questions Weightage (%) Quadratic Equation 2 4% Sequence & Series 2 6% Trigonometry 4 6% Trigonometric Ratio Identities 1 2% Trigonometric Equation 1 2% Inverse Trigonometric Function 1 1% Height & Distance 1 1% Differential Calculus 7 18% Method of Differentiation 1 3% Function 1 3% Limit, Continuity & Differentiability 2 5% Tangent & Normal 1 3% Application of Derivatives 2 5% Integral Calculus 4 13% Indefinite Integration 1 3% Definite Integration 1 3% Differential Equation 1 3% Area Under the Curve 1 3% Co-ordinate Geometry 6 14% Straight Line 2 5% Circle 1 3% Parabola 1 2% Ellipse 1 3% Hyperbola 1 2% Vector & 3D 4 10